The teachers’ council, chaired by the Principal, includes all elementary grades teachers. It meets at least once a term, outside of the teaching hours owed to the students and whenever the president of the council deems it useful or when half of its members request so.
The teachers’ council gives its opinion on the organization of the service and on all problems concerning the life of the school.
The teachers’ council discusses:
- the coordination of teaching;
- the organization of lessons into skill groups;
- assistance and support systems for students;
- coordination of scoring and evaluation of school activities;
The teachers’ council formulates proposals:
- as to the organizational arrangements for personalized support,
- prepares the educational part of the school plan, with a view to its adoption by the school board;
- offers educational experiments,
- assists the Principal in the preparation of the report on the educational operation of the establishment.
All questions of educational nature can be referred to the Teachers’ Council by the Principal or the School Board.