The School Board delegates to the health and safety committee the following areas:
- the school catering organization;
- promotion of safety training for students and staff;
- contributing to the improvement of health and safety conditions in the establishment;
- the committee is interested in the working conditions of students and staff;
- visits all the premises of the establishment;
- gives opinions and makes proposals; these opinions will take the form of analyzes of the difficulties encountered, assessments …
- it seeks a methodology to give a rigorous character to the opinions of the commission, based on relevant and objective criteria and indicators: number, frequency, nature and seriousness of accidents or incidents, risk assessment.
- it carries out studies and investigations into the nature of the risks, the accidents which have occurred or are about to occur, as well as the means to remedy them.
- It creates working groups to investigate separate cases.